News from A Cut Above
July 10, 2020 Hello, New Normal! Let's Be Beautiful, Together
It's hard to believe we've been re-opened for almost two months. It's hard to believe we were closed for nearly two months. You know what's really beautiful? That we're all making it through together.
We are super proud of our staff and customer family for the classy way everyone has stepped up and embraced the many regulations and guidelines from the State of Ohio, and generally taken an awesome, common-sense, kind and understanding approach to maintaining a personal care and beauty business in 2020.
If you're coming back to Kent State for the new semester, or just slowly re-entering the world after quarantine, here's how to make an appointment and what to expect at A Cut Above these days.
To make an appointment, please contact your stylist directly. In order to comply with current requirements, each stylist is making individual appointments. If you cannot contact your stylist directly, message us here. When you contact us, please leave your name, phone number and stylist's name.
MASKS ARE REQUIRED for everyone in the salon. If you are medically unable to wear a mask, please discuss that with your stylist when making your appointment. (If you don’t have a mask when you arrive, let us know – we usually have some available.)
Before entering the salon for your appointment, contact your stylist to let us know you’re here. This is necessary to minimize the number of people inside the salon. We'll get you inside as soon as possible!
Only clients are permitted inside the salon. When your child needs a service, or an aide is required due to medical circumstances, one parent or aide is allowed in. (At this time, we cannot schedule services for parents and children at the same time; separately scheduled appointments are required to meet these guidelines.)
Unfortunately, we cannot accept walk-ins at this time. But don't despair - or try to cut your own hair, lol! Just call us at 330-673-9222 and leave a message, or contact us here and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please remember to leave your name, phone number and preferred stylist's name, if known.
Thank you for your patience and positivity in this process. We appreciate how you take care of yourselves and others - and it is that spirit that makes it a joy to continue serving you!
~ Karen and all of the A Cut Above Family
May 15, 2020 IT'S TIME TO REOPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FIRST, THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE IN THIS PROCESS. OUR CLIENTS ARE SIMPLY THE BEST and WE CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!!
Many important regulations and guidelines from the State are in effect, and we are adjusting accordingly. Please see below for opening information and “new normal” business operation, effective immediately.
1. Contact us for an appointment. (Did we mention, We cannot wait to see you!?!) Note that due to current requirements each stylist is making individual appointments, and obviously, we cannot accept walk-ins at this time. If you cannot contact your stylist directly, message us here.
2. MASKS ARE REQUIRED for everyone in the salon. If you are medically unable to wear a mask, please discuss that with your stylist when making your appointment. (If you don’t have a mask, let us know – we have some available.)
3. When you arrive for your appointment, WAIT IN YOUR CAR and contact your stylist to let us know you’re here. We have to minimize the number of people inside the salon. We will get you inside as soon as possible!
4. Clients only are permitted inside the salon. If your child needs a service, or an aide is required due to medical circumstances, one parent or aide is allowed in. (At this time, we cannot schedule services for parents and children at the same time; separately scheduled appointments are required to meet these guidelines.)
5. TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT, please contact your stylist directly for fastest response. Can't contact your stylist? Call 330-673-9222 or message us here and we will get back to you as soon as possible. When you contact us, please leave your name, phone number and stylist's name.
Everyone at A Cut Above
March 19, 2020 Hair salons, gyms and many other businesses in Ohio are closed.
Dear A Cut Above Friends and Family,
Please stay safe and healthy!
We'll open up as soon as we can, safely, for everyone.
March 17, 2020 Our Response to COVID-19
Dear A Cut Above Friends and Family,
We want to assure you that we’re acting with an abundance of caution, and at the same time, trying to keep things as “normal” as possible. (Ha! Whatever that means!)
Below are some things we are doing to address the safety and well-being of our clients, staff, and their families. All of these are things we were doing six weeks ago, six years ago - you get the idea – and now, we’re doing them with extra intention.
New cape for every client, then straight to the laundry
Sink and chair sprayed with disinfectant and wiped down after every client
Chair and station sprayed and sanitized between each client
Door nobs, front counter and banister wiped down hourly
Front counter pens sanitized frequently (more than hourly)
Hand sanitizer is located throughout the shop for shop and clients
We’ve also removed all of the magazines and toys from our shop for the time being, and staff coffee cups are relegated to the staff area only.
So yes, we’re still open and plan to be until and unless we’re told to do otherwise. And we are absolutely certain we will get through this!
Karen and all of the A Cut Above Family
"THE BEST STYLISTS IN
Established in 1982, A Cut Above has been a mainstay in the Kent community for over 30 years. A family owned and operated business, A Cut Above has strived to combine excellent hair and nail services with affordablitiy. Our customers value our friendly and professional atmosphere as well as a sense of family they have when they are here.
You should be able to look and feel like a million without breaking the bank. Since 1982, we have provided outstanding Cuts, Colors, Perms, Facial Waxing, Nail Services and Pedicures. Our specialty is giving you high quality services at affordable prices. Call today to make an appointment.